AONN+ is proud to offer 3 unique certifications:
- Oncology Nurse Navigator–Certified Generalist℠ (ONN-CG℠),
- Oncology Patient Navigator–Certified Generalist℠ (OPN-CG℠)
- Oncology Nurse Navigator–Certified Generalist Thoracic℠ [ONN‑CG(T)℠].
What Is AONN+ Certification?
AONN+ created these professional certifications in response to the increasing demands of its membership to have a specific type of certification to distinguish the knowledge, skills, and experience of an Oncology Nurse Navigator (ONN) from that of other types of nursing certifications provided by other organizations. Hence, the AONN+ Certification Task Force was born.
Made up of experienced leaders within the field of navigation, the AONN+ Certification Task Force Chairs developed the educational criteria and curriculum for each certification exam. AONN+ established the ONN-CG℠ and ONN-CG(T)℠ programs, as well as the OPN-CG℠ program in collaboration with The George Washington University Cancer Center.
Why Should I Get My AONN+ Certification?
AONN+ certification is unique to the field of navigation. The establishment of baseline competencies for oncology navigators, centered on their roles, responsibilities, educational level of knowledge, and evidence-based best practices, will help to ensure consistent delivery of optimized patient care across the care continuum. Your AONN+ certification will provide you with specific credentials and knowledge that can help you improve patient care and further your career development.
With your AONN+ certification, you gain:
- Knowledge and expertise derived from a navigation-specific formalized testing curriculum and process
- Patient treatment optimization with increased awareness of care options
- Opportunities for career enhancement with prospective promotions and financial incentives
- Recognition and respect from industry organizations, institutional leadership, peers, and patients as an integral member of the multidisciplinary oncology team
Where Can I Take the Certification Exam?
AONN+ facilitates the certification exams twice a year at our conferences. The 2019 testing opportunities include the Midyear Conference (May) and our Annual Conference (November)
The next AONN+ Midyear Conference is going to be held in San Diego, on May 17-19, 2019. The exam will be held on Thursday, May 16 at 3:00 PM.