Conference Planning Committee
The mission of the Conference Planning Committee is to provide relevant and high-value conference agendas and speakers that will enhance and develop members’ professional growth and development.
- Identify Conference Planning Committee chairs and members
- Committee will launch first committee meeting in December 2017
- Send a learning needs assessment to all AONN+ members to identify relevant topics for midyear and annual conference that members identify as areas needing further professional growth and development and knowledge enhancement
- Review conference evaluations from both 2017 midyear and annual conferences
- Assess current trends and new therapies in oncology that translate to nurse and patient navigator practice
- Evaluate need for 3 tracks for conference: Clinical, Patient Navigator, and Administrator
- Develop midyear and annual conference agendas and speakers, which will be reviewed and approved through AONN+ Leadership Council
Now recruiting AONN+ members for the Conference Planning Committee!
We invite you to take an active role in our evergrowing organization by becoming a part of the Conference Planning Committee. We’re also identifying a co-chair of this committee, so we hope you’ll view this as your moment to use your experience and vision to take our conference forward. Here is a quick summary of this exciting commitment:
- Monthly 90-minute conference calls
- One onsite conference planning 1-day retreat
- 10-20 hours working with speakers prior to the conference and offering mentoring to faculty if needed
- Moderator at conferences
Our Multidisciplinary Team for the Committee:
- Clinical Navigator
- Patient Navigator
- Pediatric Clinical Nurse Navigator
- Advanced Practice Nurse Navigator
- Social Worker
- AONN+ Project Manager
- AONN+ Medical Director
We plan to launch our first committee meeting in December 2017. Please feel free to contact Penny.Daugherty@northside.com with any questions.