The mission of the Metrics Subcommittee is to develop standardized metrics in the areas of return on investment, clinical outcomes, and patient experience using all the areas in which navigators practice to provide quality patient care and financial stability for their organizations.
2016 Highlight: Published AONN+’s Standardized Metrics
- Navigation self-assessment checklist for reports, metrics, and tools
- Navigation patient experience survey
- Navigation metrics articles and webinars
- Create navigation acuity system tool
- Create navigation orientation checklist and annual competencies based on AONN+ and navigation metrics
- Development of a metrics repository: collect metrics, report outcomes, provide analytics, and share best practices
Pilot study: Multi-institutional study (academic, community, rural, physician practices) collecting 6 identified standardized oncology navigation metrics over an identified period of time to evaluate the meaningfulness of the measures and identify national benchmarks
- Partnering with Your Providers: Create cross reference list of navigation metrics with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services measure, Oncology Care Model, Quality Oncology Practice Initiative, Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act, Rapid Quality Reporting System, Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System, etc.
- Navigation curriculum for onboarding
- Navigation metrics by disease site