Mission: The mission of the Greater Kansas City Navigator Network of AONN+ is to develop relationships and unite navigators in our region, connect with our peers on a regular basis, learn together and from one other, provide support networks and open lines of communication.
Vision: The vision of the Greater Kansas City Navigator Network of AONN+ is to unite a group of professionals to provide better patient experiences and outcomes, quality for sharing, more enriched job experiences for navigators, a fully integrated area support team for local navigators with a strong inclination toward education, teamwork and inclusion.
- To collaborate with community professionals, organizations and industries for the advancement of the navigation profession and for the improvement of patient care
- To promote clinical and psychosocial professional development and education of oncology navigators
- To promote education and professional development of oncology navigation in the Greater Kansas City area
- To support our local members as they strive to improve patient care outcomes
- To provide opportunities in both mentoring and sharing best practice with new nurse/patient navigators
- To maintain regularly scheduled meetings, communications, and promote networking opportunities among local Navigator Network members
- To facilitate opportunities to provide educational support and resources to the local community within the Greater Kansas City area
- At least 50% of the Greater Kansas City Chapter AONN+ members will be a member of the national AONN+.
- There will be no local dues required for membership in the Greater Kansas City Chapter of AONN+.
- Each credentialed member of Greater Kansas City Chapter of AONN+ will hold an active, unrestricted license, in good standing, in their respective specialty from their state board of licensing.
- Greater Kansas City Chapter of AONN+ meetings will be held quarterly.
- The local chapter quarterly meeting is comprised of a business meeting, networking opportunity, and educational presentation. One of the scheduled quarterly meetings will be held during the annual AONN+ conference.
Navigator Network Leaders:
President: Janie Metsker, BSN, RN, CN-BN
President-Elect: Melissa Cortesio, BSN, RN, CHPN
Membership: Christy Myers, ARRT (R)(M), CN-BI
Secretary: Erin Gorham, BSN, RN, OCN, ONN-CG