Description: Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia (CPNG) is a statewide organization of people who guide individuals and their families through the continuum of cancer care.
Mission: Our mission is to connect, educate and share best practices among patient navigators in Georgia, so that together we can successfully reduce barriers and increase access to services specifically related to cancer
Vision: Patient navigation will play a consistent, defined and sustainable role for all Georgians throughout the cancer continuum to include prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and end of life care.
Goals & Objectives:
- Build a shared sense of purpose
- Attract and sustain membership
- Identify the needs of CPNs and match them with resources
- Foster collaboration
- Share best practices
- Define the value of CPNs in affecting overall outcomes
- Bring clarity/structure to the role of CPNs in Georgia
- Educate target audiences about the significance of CPN
- Establish a statewide registry of cancer navigators
- Spring 2020 (date pending)
Navigator Network Leader:
Katreena Mitchell, MPH