Mission: The mission of the Greater New York City LNN is to build a connected and informed community of Community Health Workers, Patient Navigators, Nurse Navigators and Clinical Social Workers.
Vision: Comprehensive Patient Navigation services to bring all closer to Health Equity.
- Discuss the working relationship between community health workers, patient navigators, nurse navigators and clinical social workers in the five boroughs of New York City and in Westchester County, NY.
- Strengthen Patient Navigation services, in part, by examining the training and accreditation and/or certification Community Health Workers and Patient Navigators receive, along with the communication & care protocols they follow.
- Highlight the efficacy and cost effectiveness of the navigation workforce.
- Form a task force of Community Health Workers, Patient Navigators, Payers, Elected Officials, Public Policy experts and Regional & National Advocacy organizations to explore state-wide certification for Community Health Workers.
- Hold quarterly meetings:
- Presentations with subject matter experts
- Member Issues & Opportunity Forum
- Send two local representatives to the AONN+ Annual Conference
- Provide AONN+ with updates from meetings/interactions on a quarterly basis
NYC LNN Contact:
Susan G. Komen
246 W. 38th Street, Suite 503
New York, NY 10018
Phone: (212) 461-6183