AONN+ conferences often leave us feeling inspired. Inspired by the things we have learned, the people we have met, and the new things we can implement into our navigation programs to improve care for our patients. We’re sharing some easy ways you can start taking steps toward taking that inspiration and making the most of your conference experience:
1. Claim your free 1-year membership
Midyear attendees are eligible for a free 1-year AONN+ membership! As an AONN+ member, you have access to exclusive tools and inspirational materials such as:
- What Would Lillie Do? - Get expert advice straight from Lillie Shockney!
- Exclusive Interviews with Key Opinion Leaders
- Continuing Education Activities - Earn invaluable continuing education hours through member-exclusive content. Many of these CE activities also serve as learning guides for the AONN+ Foundation for Learning certification exams!
2. Stay active in the AONN+ community
Join or start a Local Navigator Network (LNN) to connect with other navigators in your area and make a difference on the state and national level.
Join the AONN+ Facebook group to gain access to a private network of oncology navigators across the globe.
3. Join a committee
We have 10 AONN+ committees that are currently recruiting new members! Committees are a great way to get involved in an area of navigation you are passionate about and advance professionally in your field.
4. Submit a blog, abstract, or JONS article
We invite all nurse and patient navigators, administrators, social workers, oncologists, and other members of the cancer care team to share your perspectives and experiences on the AONN+ blog! Whether it be a common issue you experience in navigation or a personal story, we want to share it with the AONN+ community.
The abstract submission period is open through July 22, 2021. This is a great opportunity to share your research outcomes with the AONN+ community and add to the growing body of evidence-based findings for navigation’s professional practice.
Share your expertise with colleagues across the country by contributing to our growing body of navigation literature. We are currently accepting manuscripts on:
- Original navigation research
- Case studies
- Best practices in navigation
- Unique navigation challenges and your solutions
For more information, visit www.jons-online.com.
Not an AONN+ member yet?
Join today to take advantage of the member benefits above along with:
- Discounted registration rates for the 12th Annual Navigation & Survivorship Conference.
- Instant subscription to monthly print and digital editions of the Journal of Oncology Navigation & Survivorship® (JONS) and CONQUER: the patient voice™, as well as 25 copies of each CONQUER issue to distribute to your patients.
- FREE access to online courses that allow you to earn continuing education hours (CEs), curated tools, and resource guides.
- ...and more!
Looking for some more inspiration?
Check out the past honorees of the AONN+ Awards! These awards grant prestigious recognition to oncology navigators, researchers, employers, and individuals for their contributions to better patient care and their professions.
The nominees and winners serve as an inspiration to us all in striving to provide excellent patient care.
CONQUER: the patient voice magazine, in partnership with AONN+, annually recognizes an individual for the Hero of Hope™ Patient Award. Nominees have been touched by cancer in some way and have made outstanding contributions to the cancer community.
Do you know someone who is making an extraordinary impact on cancer care?