Mission: The mission of the Upstate New York Navigator network of the Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+) is to provide an open forum to enhance the professional development of all local navigators through shared educational opportunities, knowledge, networking, collaboration, advocacy and outreach. This forum of professionals will provide the highest quality of navigation services from screening through survivorship and end of life.
Vision: The vision of the Upstate New York Navigator network of AONN+ is to build partnerships among bistate oncology nurses and patient navigators to utilize shared knowledge, expertise, resources, networking, and education to meet the local needs of the patients and survivors served by these professionals, and to provide excellence of care.
- Hold quarterly meetings with educational opportunities, individual presentations, and data presentations in the Upstate New York and bistate vicinity
- Develop partnerships across this region to establish regional needs and goals to ensure proper communication and sharing of resources with minimal boundaries
- Send two local representatives to the AONN+ Annual Conference
- Provide AONN+ with updates from meetings/interactions on a quarterly basis
- All Navigator Network/members will be listed on the AONN+ website for members only